Sunday, March 3, 2024

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD

Today is my dad's birthday. He was born on 3/3/36 and died on 6/30/06. I always associate him with those numbers.

When he and my mother separated, he rented a trailer home in Paradise Cove. He would take us there on weekends. He showed us how to make people out of paper. He was very creative that way. We made a whole western town.

He was an intellectual. He was a huge admirer of Einstein. At the same time, he also had a very passionate love for art. 

When we went to visit him, he always showed us a good time. He had a luxurious car and drove us all over Los Angeles. He took us to nice restaurants, movies, Dodger games. He exposed us to culture. One summer, he took us to Europe.

He loved life and people. He was always telling us stories about things he experienced.

He was very open-minded and diplomatic. He was liberal but listened to conservative talk radio. He was agnostic but very involved in the Christian Church. He loved conversations and was a good listener. He got along with everybody who knew him.

He would have been eighty-eight if he was alive today.

Sometimes he visits me in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOPLESS

I had another weird dream this morning before I woke up. I was shopping for motor oil, but for some reason, it was a struggle. The motor oil...